Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Simple Things

Inspiration: To appreciate the little things many of us take for granted.

Day 7 of promise to self to scribe.

About a year and a half ago, I threw my television out. I did this for a myriad of reasons. Here they are:

Reason 1: It was an old monstrosity.
Reason 2: I was enrolled in a six-month long yoga teacher training and thought it would distract me
Reason 3: I live in a studio and it was ruining the feng shui.

All pretty good reasons, especially number 3. I am beginning to rethink this as last night was the first time I watched t.v. (other than on computer) in a very long time. Let me explain. I was over at a friends home last night giving her and her husband a much needed date night. Let's say I was watching the kiddies.:-) To be able to sit and channel surf was something I missed. I finally decided to watch a movie, and found the first Rocky, circa 1976 to be on (Yo Adrienne). Sly definitely has come a long way. He was so young and looked rather tall (not in real life) in the film. Amazing what the camera can do.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that is was wonderful to be distracted, or entertained. Something I feel I have been missing in my home, instead opting to read and immerse myself in healing and meditation. I used to have over 300 stations and never even watched a movie. Perhaps there is a balance...

So now I think I may have to succumb and find a place in my very humble abode. That or move really soon...Anyway, what might you have taken for granted? Not really appreciated when you had it. It can be anything from a material possession to a friendship. Think about it and have a wonderful evening.

With Love, Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment