Monday, November 12, 2012

Namaste

Inspiration: To continue to be blessed with practicing and teaching my love of yoga.

Namaste. Many of you may know what the word means, especially if you practice yoga. Some may not. This inspiration comes from an email I received from a new yoga client today.

Earlier, I had sent him an email confirming possible times for the week. The last time we met, at the end ofg session, I asked him if he ever heard the word Namaste. His response was no. I explained to him that it was was something that is said often at the end (or beginning ) of yoga class. He completely took this in with an open heart and mind.

So when I received his kind response to my email, he signed Namaste and his name. This was really touching for me to read.:-) Namaste: translated means- The divine light that is within me, bows down and honors the divine light that is in you.

We are all divine beings of light. One doesn't have have to practice yoga to say Namaste. So the next time you say hello or goodbye to someone, try this greeting. If they don't know what it means, tell them. You may be surprised at their response.

Namaste and goodnight.

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment