Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Thoughts Have Creative Power

Inspiration: To continue to have faith no matter what.

Day 19: Promise to self to scribe.
Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure what my plans were, yet alone gather with others and eat my favorite thing, a turkey leg. Sounds so simple but let me explain.

Back in the day when I was living on Broadway, Upper West Side, there was a small, hole in the wall diner that made a giant turkey daily. Their specialty was fresh turkey sandwiches and they even sold it by the pound. Many times a week I would have an exquisitely, large, King Henry the 8th leg. I looked forward to this and it became a staple in my diet. And yes, plenty of protein.:)

So fast forward to the day before yesterday. I was sitting outside my apartment in the hallway, having a conversation with my next door neighbor. We spoke about Thanksgiving and I told him how I wished I could have a turkey leg. Mind you, I had no formal plans until the evening. So I thought anyways.

A new yogi friend of mine asked me to stop over to say hello before they had Thanksgiving dinner. I said I would for a bit as I was thinking of seeing a movie and then meeting a friend later on. I then received a message saying, "If you don't have plans, what I meant to say was come join us for dinner."

Well, my prayer was answered! I would never have expected or anticipated such a lovely day, wonderful people, good conversation, and yes, a turkey leg. It was even free-range. So happy...The moral of this post is, if you plant a seed and let it go, you never know how it will turn out. If I could only do this for the bigger stuff that would be wonderful....I will do my best.

Hope your turkey day was filled with lots of love, divine surprises and joy.

With Love, Denise





No comments:

Post a Comment