Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Pre-Turkey Day

Inspiration: To do whatever it takes to stay inspired and uplifted.

Day 17
Well, I am almost there. Twenty-one days of my commitment to self to scribe in this blog. To continue to be inspired takes work. It is a consistent and ongoing practice of keeping your thoughts, feelings and emotions elevated.

This can be extremely challenging at times. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. The day when family and friends gather around to eat a huge amount of turkey, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. For me, this day has not been celebrated with my immediate family in years. Out of the gate, one knows it is not a positive experience. Truth be told, I have no idea what my folks are doing tomorrow. Probably what they know best wallowing in self-pity and doubt.

This is why I am not going to be with them. It has taken me a long time to get to where I am today. So no matter how it may look to the outside world, I am doing what makes me happy. What makes me grateful. Presently, tomorrow is still in gestation. Yoga, a movie, a friends gathering. Whatever feels good.

The reason I share my own experiences in most of these musings, is that I teach by example. I have gone through just about all of the muddy layers, and crap one could possibly imagine. What I am referring to is more of an emotional nature.

So tomorrow, on gratitude day (which is really everyday), I will surround myself with people and situations that bring me joy and uplift my "spirit". I hope you all do the same. Wishing you a very peaceful, ease full and blessed turkey day!

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment