Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Organic Foods

Inspiration: To be as pure and open to healing as is possible.

About a year and half ago, I was asked to change my eating to include mostly organic foods. At the time, I was diagnosed with some female "stuff" and was willing to do almost anything. Previously, I had thought eating organically was a bunch of "crap", a way for the markets/farmers, to make more money. Was I wrong. The idea of pesticides and pollutants was foreign to me. Like I said, I was not a believer.

It is true, that organic is a bit more costly than regular produce and other items. Since, I do my best to eat organically, I feel a huge difference in more emotions. I feel calmer, more serene. The food even tastes better. Try eating a regular cucumber and an organic cucumber side by side. It is clear there is a difference.

Many diseases, including cancers, have been healed by changing to a more organic way of living. When the body is fighting for it's life, it cannot afford to have further stress and pollutants ingested. Below is a short list of some foods I found that should be organic, and some that are okay not to.

DEFINITELY
buy these as organic. These are listed as the worst twelve in terms of pesticides and residues.

Peaches, Apples, Bell Peppers, Celery, Nectarines, Strawberries, Cherries, Kale, Lettuce, Grapes (imported), Carrots, Pears,

Here are the CLEANEST fruits and veggies-the regular kind are OK to buy:

Onions, Avocados, Sweet Corn, Pineapple, Mangos, Asparagus, Sweet Peas, Kiwi, Cabbage, Eggplant, Papaya, Watermelon, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes

Always think in color......That is what makes life vibrant !!!

Namaste, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment