Thursday, June 18, 2009

On Consistency

Inspiration: To stay the course until the manifestation occurs.


I recently sat through a workshop at a gym I am affiliated with. When the speaker mentioned the word "consistency" a light bulb went off and I knew I had to write something. He of course meant it relative to exercise. I understood it to encompass everything...

Whether is is exercise, relationships, health or well-being, we all must be consistent in our choices. This takes focus, discipline and practice. For me personally, the exercise is the easiest part. The consistency for me is living and breathing my truth.

Much of this extends to family which has been a challenge all of my life. My initiative counselor has been telling me the importance of this for : YEARS. I would heed the guidance for a bit and then revert back to what was easy. Mind you, what was easy did not ultimately serve me. So once again, here I am, struggling to be consistent. Mind you,it is a bit easier if you have the support of a coach, therapist of alternative practitioner.

For those desiring to achieve a physical change in appearance, this too takes a lot of discipline and consistency. Take small steps. Each day awake and say "Does my body need to move today?". If so HOW? What modality would be best? A walk, yoga, a gym class, you choose. If the body is telling you to rest, then rest. My suggestion, is to do some movement at least a few times a week. Remember, it does not have to be "over the top" challenging. One day at a time. Moment to moment.......


Warmly, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment