Saturday, June 13, 2009

Honor the body

Inspiration: To be true to what is.

I was always very strict about my fitness and food regime. For years it is safe to say it was an addiction. When summertime would roll around, I would have to be thin and muscular. I usually happened to get there. The funny thing is that I was never happy. All of the underlying feelings would really be at the surface then.

This is one of those times. I have again, rechanneled my feelings into exercise. This past week, I even fought what by body was telling me. I noticed that my toe nails were getting thinner. Then a couple of days later one happened to break off. I knew this was not a good sign.

So I reached out to my acupuncturist and he prescribed herbs. He told me my adrenals were very fatigued. This is called a kidney deficiency in Chinese Medicine. The adrenals are responsible for our "flight of fight" response to stress. When we are extremely stressed and put further stress on the body, it creates a weakened environment, physically speaking. This is about the fourth instance in the last 1.5 years that I have been on herbs for one thing or another. The body is a great teacher. If we do not pay attention it speaks louder and louder.

It is now almost summer, and there is "pressure" from both ourselves and the media to get into shape now. Please continue to honor your body and what it is telling you. Once you get to your desired outcome, you are really left with your feelings and emotions. They do not "miraculously" dissolve because you are thin.

Be good to you..... Warmly, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment