Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kate Hudson and Waffles on " Late Night with David Letterman"

Inspiration: To continue to listen, let go and be in the moment.

The quality of our sleep is largely determined by how we feel when we go to bed. Watching the news or a show like CSI, is not the most relaxing. We may go to sleep feeling a bit agitated and uneasy. The best way to go of to never never land, is to be at peace.

For the most part, I do my best to not watch television during the work week. This helps keep me centered, grounded and more peaceful as I head of to sleep. On those evenings, I do watch, I opt for either something comedic or romantic to put me in a good mood.

Last night it was kind of late (for me). 12:15am Saturday morning. I knew turning on the tube had to be easyful. At first, my cable did not come on. I took this as a sign not to watch at all. After calling Time Warner, it was discovered that I needed to hit the cable button on the remote. So Simple.

Now the bigger question; What to watch. Well I saw "That Metal Show" was on at 1 am. But that was too late for me. Yes, I do like classic rock and some degree on softer metal. I then channeled surfed and found that Kate Hudson was on Late Night with David Letterman. I was hoping I did not miss her appearance. I caught it just in time.

Dave was making waffles on a waffle maker and serving it up on paper plates with huge chunks of butter and maple syrup. He gave Kate a plate and told her to try it. She said she had been counting calories and that if she had three bites that would total 100. So she begins to take a bite without much comment. Then upon savoring a bit more, she discovers they are really good. YUMMY I believe.

At this point, Dave comments about her appearance ( weight or something) and she says " I don't really care......I have to admit". She seemed "softer" and a bit more voluptuous. Not her very skinny, bikini body (normal, healthy, womanly). She seemed really happy and at peace. This is the most important quality we can all wish for. I felt a part of myself softening and feeling envious for her ability to enjoy this decadent display of waffles bathed in a lot of butter in front of god knows how many viewers.

Funny enough, last night I found myself in my favorite diner. When it came time to order, I asked for my usual salad thing, but then changed to a Mediterranean platter that consisted of middle-eastern food. So here I am eating exotic food in a diner....hummus, falafel, tabouli, baba ganoush and pitta, served with a "richly" delicious dipping sauce. My "SOUL" was so happy for not ordering my typical "healthy" salad. A gentle reminder to live in the moment and not to place so much rigidity over the consumption of foods we might deny our self.

So the message here is to really enjoy each moment. Live fully, breathe deeply and play.....tune in and listen. What would make you happy and peaceful, right now? :)


With Love,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment