Thursday, April 22, 2010

Project Runway Surprise on West 78th Street

Inspiration: To feel confident in each moment regardless of what transpires around me.

Last night at around 6pm, I was headed towards my local frozen yogurt store. I had just gotten out of the shower before I had to sit down to a fitness webinar at 7pm. I threw on my sweats, thermal and glasses. It was beginning to rain, so I had my umbrella in tow. Thinking it would be a 5 minute unmonumental walk down the street, I figured it didn't matter what I was wearing.

To my SURPRISE, I wish it did. Upon leaving the store, something made me turn my head to my immediate right. Lo and behold I saw Seth Aaron Henderson, from Project Runway fame and his wife, healthfully smoking a cigarette. No need for sarcasm, we all have our vices. My desert wasn't exactly the healthiest.:) Anyway, I stopped in my tracks, bewildered but wanted to say something.

The first thing out of my mouth was "What are you doing here and I am so embarrassed." Then I realized the external layer is just that, a layer and went inside to express my true appreciation of this man's work. He said the finale was tomorrow (tonight) and that was why he was here. Actually in the immediate now, he mentioned his kids were inside the store I had just left.

From my heart, I told him he is wonderful and deserves to win. He appeared a bit introspective and appreciative at the same time. I guess he was not "expecting" to be noticed in the drizzling rain next to the candy store and pizzeria on West 78Th Street.

The message for us all is you never know when something "wonderfully" unexpected can be in your path. A friendly reminder to always look your best, but most importantly speak your truth from your heart.

Have a very "peaceful" day.

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment