Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunbathing in NYC in February

Inspiration: To follow my guidance even if it seems silly at the time.

Winter is definitely upon us here in New York. Last week we had a snowfall of nearly a foot in NYC and this am, again, the snow began to fall. We tend to hibernate, both literally and metaphorically in these months. Putting on layer upon layer to step into the cold is not really fun, especially if you are a summer bunny like myself.
I miss reclining in the rich green grass.

No matter how cold it is, I do my best to take daily walks in the nearby parks, if only for fifteen minutes. Yesterday afternoon, I was in Riverside Park. The rock formations covered with snow were simply breathtaking. The sun was rather strong, and a small voice inside of me said to recline on the bench. Mind you, I was bundled up in my heavy boots and long Northface coat. I decided to heed this inner voice and lay on a nearby bench. The warm I felt, not only on my face but my inner being was totally expansive !! I couldn't believe that I could feel this way in winter. After about a 15 minute stint, I arose into the most peaceful, calm.

For the rest of this day, I held those moments deep in my heart, amidst the hustle and chaos of the city. The message: do what brings you joy even if it may feel absurd in the thinking mind. Once you begin to explore, what guidance you receive, act on it. A peacefulness with shortly follow.

Enjoy this beautiful day !!!! With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment