Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Hearts Day !

Inspiration: To give and receive love in each moment possible.

St, Valentines Day. A global holiday of mass proportion. Sometime in early January, stores adorn themselves in vivid colors of red. Cards and candy establishments fill their space with a myriad of options for sale.

For many this is a joyous day. For some, it may bring up feelings of isolation and loneliness. Quite the contrary. Today and everyday, is really about love. The burning love you feel for life. The joy in your heart in celebration of all the wonders of this magnificent world.

In my early twenties, I was working in a bank. There, I was friends with a lovely man who had feelings for me. One this day, I received a dozen long-stemmed red roses at my place of work. Everyone was asking who they were from. I was embarassed to say from who because I did not share the same feelings. From that day on, I realized that externals are nice, but the most important thing is the feeling heart.

So today, I invite you all to experience the love that resides within. Yes, it is wonderful to share with another. But if you are solo at this time, do something loving and kind for yourself. Having a lovely dinner, going to a movie or an indulgence of deserts can be quite fulfilling. Something you have not done in a long time but would really enjoy. Make it a sacred experience.

I wish you all much love.

Warmly, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment