Monday, February 22, 2010

The Skinny On Exercise

Inspiration: To continue to move, in a way that feels authentic.

Today, let's talk about exercise. How often, how much, what kind. Depending upon who you ask there are a myriad of different answers. Ask a yogi, a strength coach or a long distance runner and you will find a variety of formulas and answers.

From where I sit, the answer is fairly simple. Eat well, move often and be happy. Weight, shape and happiness all correlate with one another. When you are happy, you usually eat better, listening to the body's messages. When you are in shape, you feel better. When you are happy, everything is just better....:)

In my own journey, I have found that at various times in my life, I needed to workout in a particular way. As I am now entering my 44th year, I view the body in an entirely different way. It has to be honored. We can push and push in our early years, but there comes a point in time when the body says, enough. Do we listen ?

Personally, I am still learning to listen. At least now I can hear what feels good. As I am human, I still tend to push myself. No matter what shape I find myself in, it definitely takes longer to recover. That is why yoga is so important. To bring the body back into physical and emotional balance(just to name a few).

Always remember, true beauty comes from within. I invite you all to lovingly look from "within" and see how you feel.

Have a very "peaceful" day.

With Love,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment