Saturday, February 6, 2010

Expansion at JIvamukti Yoga

Inspiration: To continue to explore different experiences that are here for me in NYC.

Friday nights I usually just sit at home and veg in front of the TV or computer winding down from the week. Most days I awake by 5:30am so by now I am quite content to stay in my comfort zone.

Last night, I noticed there was an event downtown at a yoga facility I used to practice at some years ago, Jivamukti Yoga. Classes here are a bit different than other studios. It is located in the Village so it tends to have a more eclectic, and younger mix of students. On this particular night, one of my favorite teachers was dropping by with his music partner to throw down tracks from their new release the Yoga Sessions. So all day I pined about whether to drag myself down town to a 6:15pm class. So glad I did.

Being outside of the confines of my "humble" Upper West Side apartment into such a diverse mix of flavors was a reminder that I control what is in my world. The class was awesome !!! Live drums, a girl in a tutu, another in gold spandex pants. You can't get that everywhere.:) It felt wonderful to be able to practice again more fully since recovering from a surgical procedure some months ago.

So many of us are comfortable just doing what comes easy. Some times, it takes a push, a bit of effort on our part to change the trajectory. Small subtle shifts, that is all that is asked of us. The result, feeling more empowered and alive !

May we all expand our horizons.......With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment