Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Sunny Central Park Day

My daily inspiration: To be in the moment and not allow distractions to completely overwhelm me.

Yesterday was a glorious day ! It reached nearly 75 degrees.
The most tranquil place in the city for me is Central Park. Eagerly, I have waited all winter for this time to emerge. The park is very healing. It takes me out of my thinking mind into my feeling heart. All worries seem to "amazingly"disappear as I sit in the grass. Friday morning I awoke at a very bizarre hour;4:30am.
Could that have anything to do with the fact I was in bed by 6:30 pm? That's right, 6:30 pm, before most newborns go to sleep.

I am learning to "listen" to my body, regardless. It is a hard lesson that still continues to humble me on a daily basis. I am a very "physical" person having trained my body beyond it's comfort levels. Over the course of my thirteen plus years as a personal trainer, I have learned many things from my own body. The body has its "limits". From a myriad of foot related injuries, to a shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff tear, I have had my share of experiences (just to name a few).


The key message I would like to reinforce is "to listen". This can transcend the physical. It could be in your everyday life. When confronted with a situation, do your best to not allow the "thinking mind" to take over for the "intuitive" feeling. :) For me, it is a daily practice to listen, not only to the body, but to whatever arises in my thoughts. At 43 years young, I realize the body is a sacred temple. It requires nourishment on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels. The gift I have been given, is the ability to move and inspire others who are at many different places in their temples development. It does not matter where you begin. Just start by honoring your presence and taking better care of yourself. Remember, that nature has healing powers. Go and sit under a tree.

I wish you all a very "peaceful" day.

Best, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment