Saturday, September 11, 2010

Warrior Flow Yoga

Inspiration: To continue to honor and be present for the teaching of great "healers".

What is Warrior Flow Yoga? It is an intense, breath-based, present moment vinyasa yoga class developed by Adrian Molina who teaches exclusively at Equinox. From the moment, he walks into the room, you feel a calming, serene presence that go way beyond words.

The class begins in balasana, child's pose, giving students an opportunity to be still and connect with the earth. From that space, the class moves through an eclectic series of sun salutations to drum-based rhythmic pulsations. Adrian consistently reminds his students that the movement follows the breathe and to surrender our EGO (love this) to be where we are in each moment. It is our ego, in class and in life, that causes frustration when things do not go as planned. Even in a challenging posture he kindly instructs "be where you are. breathe into it. open the heart.:)

Over the course of time, I have had some conversations with Adrian. He is all about presence. The deep healing. Yoga is one avenue to reaching a place of stillness. I couldn't help but ask Adrian a question after class yesterday. I asked " Do you bless the space before you teach?" His response warmed my heart. He said, not only do I bless the space, but I bless each and every individual that is there. Intuitively, I knew he did.

I share this for inspiration, to know that we all can silently bless one another. The power of this goes way beyond words. He shared this with me only because I had asked for he is a very private soul, really directed to a path of health and wholeness.

So I invite you all to lovingly embrace those around you. No matter what your vocation, sending love and healing light can not only shift another, but it can have profound shifts within you.

Have a very "peaceful" day.

With Love,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment