Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Religion: A Paradox

Inspiration: To continue to learn from and be inspired by others choices.

Religion. It is said to separate men and countries. Personally speaking, I am do not adhere to any "organized" religion. My own beliefs center on the "oneness". That we are all connected in some strange way.

Most recently, I had a conversation with a client of mine. She is Jewish and keeps Kosher in her home. She is a "cool" hip woman, who is fairly open minded. Last week she had mentioned to me that her husband needed to read a book in synagogue during Rosh Hashanah. I remembered he enjoyed Steven Hawking, who is a physicist and has written many books disputing the existence of God. So I had mentioned that he had a new book out that she picked up for him and he took to the temple in instead of following along with those in attendance.

Funny thing is, her husband grew up in a "religious" home on the trendy Upper West Side. When they first were married he observed the faith but since has questioned "If there really is a God then why do bad things happen to good people." Maybe not his words exactly, but you get my drift. Anyway, he takes this book to temple to read and then is called up to OPEN THE ARC, which houses the sacred Torah; an esteemed honor. That is the Paradox. A highly respected gesture exhibited by someone, forgive me "Who really couldn't give a sh-t".

The reason I now scribe this, is that it is fascinating to me how people find themselves in situations that may no longer serve them. Problem being, they cannot or do not have the opportunity to choose differently. It is my deep intention that he finds his way, since family observes all the Jewish holidays.

So I lovingly invite you all to examine your core beliefs. Whether they are religious or otherwise. Does it serve you? Have you changed? Does it really matter?

Have a very "peaceful" evening.

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment