Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Embracing Sadness

Inspiration: To be with what is, and let it move through me.

Most times, I begin these posts with something uplifting. As I am human, my intention is also to share those "not so happy moments." For the past week, I am in my body. Maybe for the first time in my life. What I mean by this, is I have not used movement (aka exercise), to make me feel better.

As always, the body is our greatest teacher. So with my back in spasm, an allergic reaction to some food I consumed and my "female" time, what was being asked was to be still. This brought up a lot of sadness. Sadness mostly for what I feel is "missing" from my life. But what is really missing? After I sat quietly with this I received the answer " Your ego is making you unhappy. Your expectations and dreams of what has not happened yet."

While this was momentarily comforting, it did help me to feel better. I spent a lot of time in nature crying and journaling, asking a force greater than me for help. After many days, I am beginning to feel better both physically and emotionally. But the most important piece of this blog is to really sit with your feelings; do not run or try to escape. It will only get louder and louder.

During this time, I was guided to go back to the spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle and his writings in the book "A New Earth". There is a section called the Pain Body and how we identify with it and let it overwhelm us. An excellent read for those of you who really want to get in touch with the self. Especially, the spirit self.

Lastly, we are in a very "intense" Mercury Retrograde cycle. What mercury rules is communications, contracts and electronics. This period is all about review. Going inside, seeing what needs to be seen. To release that which no longer serves us and prepare for what will bring us more ease and clarity. The more we struggle, the more difficult it becomes.

So feel what you are feeling. Deeply. Embrace change. "What we resist persists"...From Conversations with God, Book 1

Enjoy this sunny weather!!!

With Love,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment