Monday, August 16, 2010

An Evening with KISS- An Important Lesson

Inspiration: To continue to be clear, not judge, and wait for events to unfold before reacting.

When was the last time you heard, loud pulsating music, accompanied with a pyrotechnic show of great proportion? For me, I cannot remember. In the day, I have gone to many a rock concert. This past Saturday night was my first experience with a stage show, larger than life. The rock bank KISS.

After an extremely long day, I was at Jones beach Theater. A friend of mine, was kind enough to get me two tickets. Since he has connections in the music world he asked for VIP Access passes (backstage, meet and great). I had a vision of having awesome seats and going backstage with my date, my mom. It would be a first (maybe second), to have a picture of Gene Simmons with my 71 year old mom.:)

Upon arriving at the venue, I was told to go to Will call to pick up MY envelope. As it was not there, I was then led through a gate to a back entrance; for people "with the band". I was getting excited !!!! So here I am, my mom waiting in the car a good distance away and myself in unchartered territory. After receiving this envelope, I looked inside and could not recognize where the seats were located. Upon closer look and help from the guy assisting, I came to realize these tickets were not quite what I had EXPECTED. The were pretty "crappy". I rarely become bummed out, but I was...."bummed out"! This vision of creating a divine evening was ruined; or was it.

So I make my way back to the car, we park and I share the information. A bit discouraged, I tell her not to complain, and I did the best I could. She obliged. Then we make our way inside, I get my $ 5 dollar cup of seltzer and proceed to the seats. Not the best. Totally upset. But wait, in the distance looking down at the water surrounding the stage, I notice two "beautiful" white swans and some grey colored ones too. A peace comes over me. A softness into the moment, without projecting onto the evening.......

Shortly afterwards, Kiss take the stage with a BOOM. Loud as can be, and I like me some music. It is said they are one of the greatest rock bands of all time live. I beg to differ. Believe it or not, the word BORING was how we felt. Personally, I do not find it exciting to see Gene Simmons ( he is very talented by the way), eat fire and have blood spill out of his mouth. A fan favorite.:)

Aside from the large pyrotechnics, noise and energy, I was unimpressed. After almost an hour and half, we proceeded to leave. Turns out all the good songs were played in the encore. Oh Well. So the message here is never to assume the worst. There are always blessings to be found in every situation. You just may have to look a bit deeper....

Be conscious, be clear be present. Have a very "peaceful" day.

With Love,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment