Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can't Believe it's Almost Mid-August

Inspiration: To continue to embrace summer. It is not over yet.:)

I cannot believe it is nearly the middle of August. Where did the summer go? Oh Yeah, it is still here.:) Already stores are adorning their windows with jackets, sweaters and BOOTS. Although, I love my boots, I still am not ready to surrender my birkenstocks.

So here we are, August. How have you spent your time? Did anyone manage to get away, especially those who live in NYC? Getting away can be something as simple as taking a train out of NYC to the beach or Upstate. It changes your perspective, even for a day. When we adhere to the same schedule, life can become stagnant. It is important to shift in some small way.

How about a matinee movie?......For those of you who may be reading this with a flexible schedule, this is an instantaneous way of taking yourself out of the daily and mundane. Even if you have to go back to work, you will feel as if you "escaped" for lack of a better word, for a couple of hours.

For me personally, giving myself the PERMISSION to eat something different changes my mood. Especially something I have not had in a very long time. Truth be told, I have not had pizza in years...My favorite...Growing up my mom took me (as a little girl in Queens) daily for lunch. She said I loved it !!! Recently, I had my first pizza (again) at Jones Beach Theater while waiting to see Sting. It was RED Baron, frozen, and heated up in a cardboard box. Regardless, it still tasted good to me.....Think it is time to go to a real NYC Pizzeria.....:)

So I lovingly invite you to all experience the joy and expansion that is around.To explore new places and possibilities, that may even be in your own backyard (metaphorically) speaking.....Enjoy the present, intend the future, and remain grateful.

Have a very "peaceful" day.

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment