Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finding Joy

Inspiration: To see the gifts inherent "everywhere"...

Living in NYC can be challenging at times. Especially if you like to spend time in nature. So for the past couple of days it has been raining. Probably not the best time to unravel a blanket and recline against a tree.

So today, on my walk to Whole Foods, I stop in at the APPLE Store at 66th and Broadway. Now I realize why so many individuals are in love with these products. I still have a humble desktop computer from Dell. Maybe it is time to step into this decade.:) Anyway, I leave the store feeling uplifted.  Reason being, I realize that my world needs to expand. Not just from a new computer, but new experiences in all ways. More joy.

After making my way downstairs in Whole Foods, I notice an "eclectic", funky, older woman sampling some dessert treats. As I pass her by she asks me if I would like one to which I replied "Too much sugar". On my way back from finding my necessities, her demeanor and silver jacket catch my eye yet again. So I decide to stop and sample a "treat". Turns out there is no sugar, just honey. Her product was called "JOY" by Kaffa.

Our conversation takes us into a realm I guess intuitively I sensed. She moved out to the country, after living in Tribeca and owning restaurants in NYC. She was totally at peace. A zen-like quality exuded throughout. She asked about the mala beads I was wearing and if I was a Buddhist. This spurred a whole conversation about health, healing and yoga. I could have stayed there talking to her for hours. Instead, I was guided to politely give her my card, you never who the "angels" are. As I walk away, tears begin to swell in my eyes. I feel a sense of gratitude with possibility.

The reason I share this is because there are many times (today especially) we can become frustrated and feel stagnant in some way. For me personally it is because I don't know what the next step is. Period. After this encounter, I am now filled with faith that we are always guided and looked after in some way. If I could only bottle that feeling....

Have a very "peaceful" day.

With Love, D

No comments:

Post a Comment