Saturday, February 19, 2011

On Being Grounded

Inspiration: To continue to be more "FULLY" and present in my body.

What does it mean to be grounded; present ? To feel the fullness of what is happening, right now. To not emotionally or energetically "escape" through either zoning via substance, movement or any addiction.  While what I just scribed may appear a bit harsh, my intention is just to bring to light what I know to be true. When we are somewhere else, we are ungrounded.

Groundedness (balance) has been something I have been asked to work on for years. This past week, I was gently reminded by my teacher and friend Elana, that anyone or anything that takes me away from my center, is not in my best interest. Being an Aries, or just being DENISE,  historically I am an all or nothing kinda person. Black or white. Gray does not exist or dabbling as she so eloquently puts it.

Being grounded means being in your body. Literally. Not denying what is. Feeling your true feelings. Addressing and embracing the positives and negatives you may be experiencing right now. Avoidance of any kind shows up in sometimes destructive and harmful ways. This week I was lucky, I only sprained my toe. A "subtle" yet powerful  (feet and legs represent grounding and the first chakra or rootedness) clue to start to really pay attention to my actions and behavior.

We are all being asked to be present. To experience the richness and fullness (or what may appear to be lack thereof) in our lives. To pay attention. To act according to our "inner" guidance or gut feelings. Think about it.......and have a very "peaceful" evening.

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment