Sunday, October 13, 2013

16 Handles of Patience

Inspiration: To continue to do my best to remain present and calm under all circumstances.

16 Handles. The popular yogurt establishment that has gained popularity in recent years. With its varied array of delectable dessert flavors and toppings, it has become a staple amongst both kids and grown-ups. You can sample as many flavors as your heart desires and then create your own splendid masterpiece for digestion.

The caveat here is you can have as much as you want, but it is weighed by the ounce. So a colorful sweet and delectable dish can run you a pretty penny. Probably someone in the vacinity of ten bucks. But who cares, it so much fun to watch the spiral of swirl and yumminess fall into your cup.

Almost daily, this has been one of my added rituals, especially after yoga class. I arrive in an expanded, "blissful" state, looking forward to the possibility of having my favorite flavors; pistachio and ANYTHING with chocolate and peanut butter. :)

So on a recent weekday eve, I make my way over after a juicy and delicious yoga experience. I was pretty blissed out and rather peaceful...After I created my sweet treat, I made my way over to the checkout line. It happened to be rather short so I was elated. However, when it came to be my turn, here is what ensued.

For every fifty bucks you spend here, you receive a five dollar reward which can be used to your next purchase. You can either present a card or use your telephone number. Since my card was nowhere in sight, I gave my number. This tattooed looking young guy asked me for this number almost eleven times (I kid you not).Those gathered in line behind me were in complete awe of his lack of presence and possible capability. I finally said, "I usually have a lot of patience and just got back from yoga class, but I am losing my BUZZ...Do you need someone to help you out here?"

This young adorned guy of course said, "No. I know what I am doing." (of course you do that's why I told you the same thing so many times). If he knew what he was f**kin doing why didn't he get it right the first time? This brings me to the point of this whole musing. A question of presence. Was he present (not) or was his mind off somewhere else. I only say this because when we are totally present, everything unfolds with ease. There is no lag time whatsoever in doing or becoming one with the task at hand. Perhaps this guy just needs to get a little yoga groove on. One can only hope....The question is, "Are you being fully present to what is?"

Anyway, the desert was still pretty damn AWESOME!!!

With Love, Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment