Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sometimes You Gotta Just Ask

Inspiration: To continue to listen and ask for help when I most need it...:-)

The inspiration for this musing, comes from an experience I had last night in yoga class. The students (including me) were all at the wall practicing various types of inversions. By this I mean, handstand, forearm stand etc. It's amazing having "assistance via the wall" encourages me to find the full expression of the pose at hand.

After this playful time, the teacher then encouraged us to try a bridge (wheel pose) and walk our feet up the wall and flip over. He said it was "liberating" ! A week prior, with the assistance of a different teacher, I was able to perform the "stunt" or as I call it gymnastics from when I was a youngster. So here I am getting ready...I make my way up into full wheel and begin to walk my legs up the wall. I take a breathe and my ego says YES! I will do it now....Well guess what? It didn't happen.

In fact, I know myself and my body so well that I call across the extremely large space "Get the teacher!" I couldn't move. Thank heaven, I was strong enough to stay in the pose until help arrived. It arrived in the form of both a student and a teacher. They were both encouraging me to get out of the shape I was in differently. Hence, I was still in the pose. Finally, the student helped me come down by flipping over (I think as I was kinda freakin at this point).

Anyway, you had to be there to really see and understand the complexity of it all.  In my nearly nine years of practice, I have never called; bellowed out to get the teacher. The teacher came. I needed help. The moral of this post is "Do you know when to ask for help?" Or are you too proud?

Think about it and have an AWESOME DAY !!!

With Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment